Our little Ella Naomi is 15 months old now. I can't believe how big she is getting! She just got her 6th tooth... it's taking forever to get teeth. She's still just a little peanut, only weighing 20 lbs and is 30 3/4 in long. It's so cute to see her waddle around on these short little skinny legs! We are really enjoying seeing more and more of her personality come out. She has such a tender heart it makes discipline a challenge at times. She can't say 'sorry' yet but when you ask her to say sorry she gives you the biggest kiss through her tears. It just melts you and sure makes you forget why you were mad. Earlier this week after a rough afternoon she got a spanking and immediately started to kiss me all over my face while sobbing her heart out. Boy, I felt bad for having to spank! She is saying more and more which I absolutely love! She learned to say no and of course it's the word we hear the most... everything is "no no"!
She loves to go bye bye and will bring you her shoes, coat, and hat and your own shoes when you say lets go bye bye! She continues to adore babies. Real or dolls. They get lots of love and kisses from her. Another highlight for this month is her very first haircut!!! Gone are those long locks! New hair has been growing in and so she had these long pieces that were so scraggly so I decided it was time. Now it will all grow out even. It was such a whim... I sat her on the kitchen counter and gave a pack of fruit snacks, whipped out my scissors and snipped away. I thought I might get emotional about cutting her hair, after all it's never fallen out so it was like the last 'baby' thing about her. But surprisingly I wasn't emotional at all.
BEFORE
It's actually longer when it's straight

AFTER
Not a good shot and I also cut more the next morning
Oh, oh! Saying good bye to those baby locks can be a tuffy! The end result is okay....right!?
ReplyDeleteYou should post some more pics of Ella's new hair-do. I bet it looks super cute.
ReplyDeleteI forgot I said that about what our kids would look like. Guess I was right on the big eyes.
Love ya