It sure hits home doesn't it, Friends?
Ella and I ran some errands this morning and we passed a local church that displays 3 crosses at Easter. I pointed them out to her and briefly explained the Easter weekend story. Tears came to my eyes when I triumphantly exclaimed to Ella that JESUS LIVES and she smiled and giggled. Yes, she was probably just responding to my theatrics and not the miracle of His Resurrection, but some things struck me in that moment. I was struck by her simple child-like celebration and excitement over Jesus' rising from the tomb. More, importantly I was humbled. Humbled that Ella is now my full time student. She is studying my example. I found one small teachable moment today, but Oh Lord, how I want to teach her everyday. Our family was reminded just minutes later of the fragility of life as we lost Kirk's grandpa, a steadfast rock of faith. I'm reminded that although some days as a mom seem so long that I really don't have much time with my baby. I must not waste these times I have to teach Ella. I must be on my toes now and digging deeper into His Word so that I might teach my precious daughter about our King.
"Once again I look upon the cross where you died.
I'm humbled by your mercy and I'm broken inside.
Once again I thank you, once again I pour out my life"

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete