Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Are You Sick of Pictures of Ella Yet?

Too bad!

Our internet was down over the weekend so It's nice to be back! We had a nice Father's Day weekend. We hosted both of our families this year. (Missed you Kev) On Saturday, Kirk's family was here and we filled up the kiddy pool since both Derek and Ella act like they have gills. I thought I had pictures but I must have just looked through the camera and not actually snapped any. Sunday, my family came over and we had a nice relaxing evening. Shout out to Kirk: You are such an amazing daddy!! I hope you enjoyed your first Father's Day even though it didn't really go as planned. We love you so much.


And now for the star of the show...





Our little bookworm! She LOVES and I mean loves to sit and turn pages of books. She'll do it forever. It does make it hard to read them to her since she'd rather turn them. Please disregard that she doesn't match, Kirk dressed her and I can't believe he picked something pink!



Sleeping Beauty. She is wearing an outfit of mine when I was a baby.


She has been army crawling for a long time now and yesterday finally graduated to all fours. She is getting all over the house now and will come looking for you if you leave her sight. She is also crawling into tight spaces and between and under things. This is where she was yesterday, under the end table lookin' mighty proud of herself.



On Father's Day we broke out the tunnel for the first time. She loved crawling in it, so did Kirk! :)
Ella is also showing more and more independence. We can see her strong will growing stronger. Which means that in the future there will be many posts on this topic. (Ugh!) She already throws a fit if you take something away from her and by fit I mean laying on the floor crying, kicking, arching her back, and flailing her arms!
Not so funny story from today... I took Ella for a walk in the park today. I know it was hot but she loves being outside and we went to the lower park where it's all trees. Half way through she decided she wasn't having fun anymore and started screaming... loud! Now we don't really see many people back there but still. The only way she would be quite was if I held her. I didn't know what to do. Strap her back in and let her scream all the way home or risk a heart attack trying to carry her and push a stroller up some big hills. (You know the ones, Megs!) I chose to strap her in. After meeting several people on the trails giving me sympathetic looks I called Kirk to come get us. Thankfully he was home and could come to our rescue. Your the best, Babe!


7 comments:

  1. I could never be sick of pictures of Ella!!! She is so cute. And again, I must say that when I hear about her little personality she reminds me so much of my little pistol... and mine's only 4 months old...eek!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ella, surely your mommy is making up these stories! :) You are not alone Wend! You've been hearing my similar stories for 3 years now!

    Love all the pics of Ella, she is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh the wonderful BIG hills! Sounds like a nightmare... but I can completely relate. Mason decides to pull this stunt also... such a blessing!!!!haha We have to get together and swim. I am loving these summer days... love the pics of ella, she is seriously too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kasey, we saw it too at 4 months! It makes me curious if our girls would be great buddies or worst enemies! :) I hope for the first.

    Mind, I only wish I was making it up. Have you heard the nursery rhyme "There once was a little girl with a curl right in the middle of her forehead and when she was good she was very very good and when she was bad she was horrid!" That's our Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I write this Wyatt has his chair pulled up to the computer hollaring (in not such a sweet voice) "More Ella!, More Ella!" So never fear no one here getting sick of her pics!
    I had to giggle at the sight of you lugging Ella while pushing the stoller. (no doubt you were glowing --- cause we girls don't sweat, we just glow --- a lot!) I can relate. Sometimes I feel like a circus clown on walks :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nope, not sick of Ella pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nan,

    You guessed it! I was "glowing" so much you would've needed sunglasses to see me! I kept thinking if she's crying because she is hot then she has no clue what hot feels like!!

    ReplyDelete